I originally found this recipe on the Char-Broil website just after I had fallen in love with grilling. I had made the usual burgers, dogs, chicken and steaks but was looking to expand into other meats, vegetables, marinades and sauces. After making the Char-Broil version, I made a couple tweaks to the recipe I currently use. Checkout the original recipe at CharBroil.com
- 6 pork chops (You can use regular or Porterhouse-cut. I prefer thin-cut.)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons seasoned salt
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic and herb seasoning
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of mint
- Preheat grill to around 450°F. I like to start the grill and let it get warm while I am pulling my ingredients together.
- Brush both sides of pork chops with olive oil. Combine seasoned salt and brown sugar in bowl and apply to both sides of pork chops.
- Using a cast iron skillet or saucepan, combine all Sweet Honey Glaze ingredients and boil for 5 minutes. The honey can be a little tricky.
- Place pork chops on hot grill grates and close grill lid. Cook for each side for 5 to 6 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 150°F. I like to do low heat for longer to try and keep the meat tender.
- Glaze both sides of pork chops with Sweet Honey Glaze and grill for another 30 seconds, or until the sauce caramelizes.
- Remove from grill…and enjoy.
In every succulent bite of these Pork Chops with Sweet Honey Glaze, you’ll experience a perfect balance of flavors – the savory richness of the pork complemented by the luscious sweetness of the glaze. This recipe not only tantalizes the taste buds but also showcases the magic that can be achieved in your kitchen. Whether for a special occasion or a weeknight dinner, these chops are sure to leave a lasting impression. Elevate your culinary repertoire with this delectable dish.